Our story starts with our drop off and truck teams. The drop off team greets recyclers at our St. Paul warehouse to accept your laptops and other electronics, while the truck team goes out into the community to pick up electronics from individuals and businesses who recycle with us.
We caught up with one of our Lead Truck Drivers, Dennis, bright and early before he jumped into the truck to start his day.
Dennis is a member of Repowered’s Work Readiness Program and has been working with us for about a year now. A familiar and friendly face, Dennis lights up any room he walks into. We sat down with Dennis to discuss more about his role and experience working at Repowered.
Dennis prioritizes lasting relationships between our team and customers. He goes above and beyond for his customers, ensuring that they are taken care of and greeted by a friendly face when working with Repowered.
“I love being on the truck team!” Dennis shares, adding, “It’s great to get out on the road and have one-on-one contact with our customers. Ya know, getting to build relationships and bringing Repowered to them.”
Carefully picking up the electronics and making sure that they are securely transported back to the warehouse is top priority for Dennis and his team. Everyone at Repowered pays careful attention to data security and follows the strict requirements of our NAID certification, ensuring that products are securely handled from the moment they are taken from the customer to the time their data is destroyed at the Repowered warehouse. If you’d like to learn more about our NAID certification and data destruction process read the following articles on our blog:
- What to expect when you request NAID AAA services from Repowered
- Part Two: What happens to my stuff?
As we wrapped up our conversation with Dennis, we talked about the impact the Work Readiness Program has had on his life. He assured us that the program is creating a lasting impact by helping people power forward.
“Hope is the key word,” says Dennis “To be given hope and then to give hope… It transcends. It’s uplifting and encouraging.”
Stay tuned in the coming weeks as we continue to share the stories of the incredible humans behind the scenes at Repowered during our We Are Repowered campaign.
Want to invest in hope on this Giving Tuesday? Consider donating today!
Following along for our We Are Repowered Series? Here are the stories we’ve shared:
- Hope Transcends | Meet Dennis – Lead Truck Driver at Repowered
- Supporting Growth | Meet Luke – Compliance Specialist at Repowered
- Grounded in Faith | Meet Loren – Teardown Specialist at Repowered
- Defined by Our Futures | Meet John – Desktop Repair Specialist at Repowered
- Spreading Joy | Meet Grant – Triage Specialist at Repowered
- Powered by Technology & Innovation | Meet Matt – Computer Repair Tech & Sales Associate & Derek – Sr. Sales & Purchasing Manager at Repowered
- We Are Repowered | Getting, Giving, and Living Hope with Repowered